Sunday, September 11, 2011

Contemplation




As I sat in the emergency room with my daughters tonight, I got to thinking. Well I did after a snarky conversation with the triage nurse. I asked a seemingly innocent question, to which I felt my answer was both snarky and not really an answer at all. But after I sat down, I started to realize just how many people come in, and just how many might go through there in a single day. That is when I realized that I asked a question that is probably asked a lot, and she is busy, so her short snarky answer was not on purpose but simply a response to the situation. I can’t blame her for that.

That led to me thinking about how we encounter these types of situations all the time. When we are cut off by someone in traffic, or how someone might push you aside when you hold the door open for them. There is a chance that they are not trying to be rude, but could just possibly be dealing with an emergency of sorts. We don’t know. So I am going to try to exercise this more, by taking a moment to let the annoyance pass, and then forgive them for their wrong because I don’t know what the reason for the rudeness is.

No comments: