Monday, August 22, 2011

Tai Chi




I had something else written and when I went to post, it just didn't feel quite right. I guess I should have posted it anyway and carried on. Oh well.

Something that has been really good for me, is learning Tai Chi. The process of it relaxes me, and the movements bring me peace. It has helped me through some injuries by giving me strength, both mental and physical. I truly believe that while it will show you every injury you didn't know you had, it also strengthens all of the little muscles.

I also find it really resets me after the Lil Leopard class. Whoever planned that was really thinking! I love the Lil Leopards and the energy they bring, but I need a break after all that cute chaos. It's like I get all pumped up, and then that energy is quieted and spread out within me in the Tai Chi class.

I also feel, that for anyone who needs to work on flow, this is the class to take. It forces you to slow down, and really feel your body and what it is doing. (And the atmosphere is wonderful) (Was that subtle?)

1 comment:

Sifu Katelyn Wonsiak said...

I enjoy my Tai Chi as well. At first I didn't want to join, because it was too slow. But now I'm so glad that I did! It has improved so many other aspects in my kung fu, it's amazing =)

Thanks for the post! =)