Sunday, August 14, 2011

Reno's

The annual renovations at the kwoon are an important part of our training. We become more accountable for our training, and our spirit becomes embodied in our kwoon. It is the process of putting our sweat and blood that makes the school what it is, and it bonds us to the other students as well.

Every time I step into the school, I am taken with the efforts that are constantly being put into it. Some of us are more visible in the school with what we do, and others operate quietly in the background. It is all those efforts combined that make our Kung Fu school what it is.

Sometimes being a leader is what you do quietly in the background while things are buzzing around you. Sometimes it is rallying those around you for a common cause, such as tiling. A lot of effort is going into our place of training right now, and I hope that those leading that transformation are aware of how much their efforts are appreciated, and that those offering their sweat and blood are also appreciated.

No, I am not at the school today. But my heart and soul is with those students there. I am proud to be a part of Silent River Kung Fu.

No comments: