Sunday, November 28, 2010

Fist Bump




I am not sure what to write about this week.

Winter seems to be here to stay. On one hand I like it, but mostly I don’t like it, mostly due to the cold. I hate being cold, and since I can be cold in the midst of summer, I find it really frustrating sometimes. I also find that the dreariness and the dark affect me too, and so it can be difficult to start each day. It’s also easier to withdraw from things, but thankfully I have things like Kung Fu to keep me going.

No matter how I am feeling, going to Kung Fu whether to teach or to learn, I always feel better after. Chinese new year is coming, and I have started to think about my kids classes. I don’t know what direction we’ll go in yet, but I am excited about the possibilities.

The Black Dragons class tomorrow is going to focus on bullying. I feel that while the schools talk about a zero tolerance, they really don’t seem to do anything about it. I have seen it countless times, and I find that any change ultimately lies in the parents. Is that right? I don’t think so. What happened to suspensions? Or detentions? Or actual consequences to their actions? It needs to change. And I hope that I can start to make a lasting one.

No comments: