Sunday, September 19, 2010

I’m not Acting, I am just pretending




I have been Acting Supervisor for two weeks now. I have the title, but really no authority. I can make the most basic decisions, and all others still have to be run through the big cheese. That’s alright though, as that part gives me less stress. But overall, the day to day stress is getting to me.


I am not going to go into details, as that would just be boring. There is always some stuff we would rather not have to deal with, but have to. I am thinking that this position has been giving me migraines though. Not my typical ones, but with the pain and sensitivity, I am sure that is what is going on.


One of my future bosses in Health Services had mentioned to me that Acting will give me some extra experience, and that moving to their unit will also give me more so in the future I can move into a higher position. But frankly, I am really not sure that is what I want. I like not having the extra stress associated with a higher position. My life is busy, and it satisfies me. I think I will leave any future Supervisor/ Manager positions for the others.


I am excited to be moving to Health Services in the next month or so. It is something that has always interested me, and while it is intimidating to start something new, I can’t wait.


No comments: