Sunday, December 27, 2009

Reflections




I have written and deleted this twice now, so hopefully I won’t have to do it again. I just have no idea where to go with this. But it is a commitment that I intend to keep.


I think I have grown over the past year. I have not reached all of the goals that I have set for myself, and that’s okay. I am finally at a point with my ankle that I have accepted the limitation, have begun to train smarter (most of the time), and now just work around it, as I have learned to with my ribs.


Christmas was quiet this year, and I appreciate the extra couple of days off that I took. It was something I desperately needed without truly realizing it. I watched my girls open their gifts, and I witnessed something special. There is nothing like Christmas through a child’s eyes. It is full of wonder, and amazement, as well as innocent belief.


As they opened their gifts, they stopped long enough to appreciate them, and get completely excited before they would move on to the next. They were in awe that Santa ate the cookies, drank the milk, took the reindeer food, and even left a short note of thanks.


And of course I treasure the gifts they gave me, as they were homemade, from the heart, and the excitement of giving made it so special. That is Christmas for me.


I am thankful for the gifts of my girls, and my family. I am fortunate to have them, and to be able to celebrate this holiday without any fear of consequences. Living in Canada allows me many freedoms, that I often take for granted. I try to keep it in front of me at all times, but sometimes it is easy to forget.


I am also thankful for my Kung Fu family, and the support of that community. It has been, and will continue to be my safe place to be.


Peace to all.


No comments: