Sunday, April 5, 2009

Take a deep breath...


I started Tai Chi yesterday. I have wanted to for a long time, but put it off to concentrate on my black belt grading. On one hand, after yesterday’s class, I regretted not taking it sooner, but it’s too late for that. So I looked at now, and realize that I started at a time that was right for me.

I will have a few issues with my ankle as it is still not healed. But I can modify the techniques a bit, and still reap the benefits. It is calming, and soothing to the soul. That much at least came out of the class yesterday. It felt like a deep breath in, and I needed that.

I have been frustrated with my ankle, and have been going through a rough patch in my personal life, both of which have been hard to stay positive about. However, Kung Fu, and now adding Tai Chi, is exactly what I need to get through anything.

I have had 3 different opinions on my ankle, and am now putting my faith in the Orthopedic Surgeon that I hope to see someday soon. I have an MRI booked in May, and am just waiting for my appointment with the surgeon. It’s been 3 months since my accident. And unfortunately, day to day life doesn’t really help a lot with healing. I do need to use it though, in order to build up some strength.

Anyway, being able to focus solely on my body, and what it is doing, is a perfect way for me to clear my mind, relax and just be. I do have a lot of learning though, and I am truly excited.

1 comment:

Danielle Edge said...

Stay positive and keep your mind healthy even if your body refuses to be! Good luck with tai chi :)