Sunday, August 10, 2008

Back on track...I think


By Friday night, I was feeling pretty overwhelmed with my training and had some serious doubts as to my ability to grade this year. I was afraid that because I do still have a lot to work on, that I couldn't possibly be ready on time. Especially when looking at the numbers.

I got home after class, put my kids to bed, and distracted myself by doing some artwork. Nothing special, but it took my mind off things. I have been thinking about how much Kung Fu is a part of my life. I have been training for 5 a half years, both my girls are in it, and I know I would be lost if I couldn't train anymore.

So Saturday morning arrives, and the Lil Leopard class is the start of my day. I teach it with Sifu Robertson, and having the opportunity to teach them is an opportunity of a lifetime. It was a very challenging class, as they were very distracted and didn't have a lot of focus. But they were so fun. And they inspired me again, as to why I am in Kung Fu.

I have always taken my training very seriously, but teaching them allows me to see it from a completely opposite angle. It needs to be fun for them, while teaching them some basics. The constant movement and fun did wonders for my soul and my perspective on my training has a new light. I needed to take that step back and find the joy again.

I am so thankful for those kids. They help make Kung Fu (for me) very rewarding.

15 training days until September 01.
55 training days until October 25.
I am almost there.

No comments: