Monday, September 7, 2026

150



I had increased my pushups to 150 a day, modified of course, but I have had to cut back again due to shoulder issues that I thought had been resolved a long time ago.  So now I am between 90 and 120 of modified pushups per day.  


Which isn’t a bad thing of course, just not where I would like them to be.  It is more important however to take care of my body so that as it ages, it ages well and has ample time to heal as I go.  So taking a day off once a week and not pushing beyond my limits is important to my progress.


My goal is to remain strong as I age.  Or as strong as I can be.  I have been diagnosed with moderate osteoporosis so things have to be done with moderation and caution in mind.  Pushups are a good tool to build strength, both in my core and my upper body.  Of course, there are other strength building exercises that I am doing including squats and heel raises to name a few.


My days of break falls are done, as is anything with a lot of impact.  And this is where Tai Chi is so very good for me.  It helps with balance and strength, both of which will serve me for the rest of my life.  It helps with connecting with myself and with the earth which helps to take care of my mental health.  


Numbers Year to Date:


Modified Push Ups:  13,360

Push Ups:  130

Tai Chi Short Form:  39

Tai Chi Part 1:  1

Tai Chi Part 2:  4

Tai Chi Part 3:  17

Tai Chi Part 4:  19

Tai Chi Push Hands:  1

No comments: