Sunday, October 18, 2020

Boot to the Head?

 





A little over a week ago, my Kung Fu was put to a test. Here’s the scenario and you decide which is the correct solution.

I was out walking my dog, and as some of you know, he is a big dog in a little body. Not exactly intimidating, although your ankles might not be the same after. Anyways, as we were approaching an intersection, I noticed a somewhat shady person slowly making their way across on the other side. I kept watching, and as we approached the corner, Bark Lee and I turned towards home but opted not to cross to the sidewalk on the other side as that is where this individual was very slowly walking and watching me. We had gotten slightly ahead of him when I noticed him cross to our side of the street, which I have to say, freaked me out. Now when I lay out the two choices, please keep in mind what Kung Fu does for you.

Solution #1. I picked up my dog, ran towards the guy, dropped him with an amazing roundhouse, and walked home with confidence.


Solution #2. Called my husband immediately, who was out the door and after the guy in 2 seconds flat.

If you chose lucky number 2, then you my friend are well on your way in your Kung Fu journey. Kung Fu is not just the ability to kick butt. It’s about recognizing a situation for what it is, trusting your instincts, and hopefully not putting yourself in harms way. So yes, I have my black belt, but I don’t want to fight. As it turns out, my husband knew a relative of this guy and it turned out ok, but it’s never worth the risk.

No comments: