Sunday, June 7, 2020

Another First!


Yesterday marked Silent River Kung Fu’s first Livestream Tiger Challenge, and it was awesome! We had expected there to be glitches, and disorganization but it flowed quite smoothly. Although that’s in large part to Sifu Yitzik Csillag and his amazing skills! Thank you so much Sifu! I don’t know where we would be without you!

I loved judging the kids, although like every other time, it was difficult because they all try so hard and just warm my heart. It’s hard to pick the best one. And it was really amazing to see everyone else participating in challenging spaces. You guys were all incredible!

As for me, I got through my hand form. I wasn’t sure I was going to be able to, because when the Black Belts started, my anxiety shot through the roof. My stomach was in knots and my heart was pounding. What the heck! It felt really out of proportion since this was a) online and b) just for fun. It seems no matter how many times I compete, I always seem to react this way. But I did it! I got through my whole form in one piece. No breakdowns!

It’s always good to push through. I know that if I took the easy way and dropped out, not only would I not be fulfilling my I Ho Chuan promises, I wouldn’t grow from the experience.

Congratulations everyone, for a job well done yesterday! And thank you to all the black belts who made this possible. Both you, our great students, and Sifus, made yesterday amazing!

No comments: