Sunday, February 2, 2020

Responsibility


Responsibility. I was thinking about this today, and the many forms and benefits of it. For the I Ho Chuan, it means that I am responsible for my decisions and actions. If I choose to forgo my requirements for a day, I am responsible for the consequences. I am also responsible to the team. I have made commitments to them, and I am responsible for following them through. I am expected to be ready with a beta version of my forms by the time set by Sifu Brinker. I am expected to be ready for demos when called upon. I am expected to journal at least once a week. I alone am responsible to see these through. I am also responsible to seek help if I need it, and to assist my fellow teammates if and when required.

I am responsible for my actions and decisions when I am not in the Kwoon, and to present my best self to the world. I can’t behave like a total jerk at home or in public and then expect to be treated with respect at the Kwoon. I am responsible in earning said respect. I am not responsible for someone else’s actions but I am responsible for how I react to them.

I am fortunate to have this responsibility as it makes me a better person everyday. But only if I keep all of this in front of me.

No comments: