Sunday, February 17, 2019

Amazing


Last week I received a couple of amazing gifts. Gifts that I wouldn’t have been aware of even existing if I hadn’t started Kung Fu all those years ago.

We performed a couple of lion dance sat Brookwood School for the kindergarten classes and it was great. But what made it even better was the class that was in the gym before the kindergartens. I can’t say exactly what class it is, but they were small, cute and full of energy and smiles.

On the first day, I received a hug from one little girl after letting her pet the lion and talking to her. That made my day! Then on Tuesday they were there again, and with a girl who hadn’t been there the day before. Her teacher told me that she was non-verbal, but it just didn’t matter. She was very focused on the lion and touching him, before she moved on to the drum. This sweet little thing was determined to move the drum and used all her might. I was very happy to just sit with her and hang out. Then we gave them a small lion dance, with a quiet drumming and they just soaked it all in.

If it hadn’t been for Kung Fu and lion dancing, I wouldn’t have gotten to experience these amazing little kids. I am so lucky!


No comments: