Monday, March 27, 2017

Can you smell it?

I think that change is one the things in life that you can count on. The weather changes, our jobs tend to change over time, our routines change, our views change, how we handle it all changes too.

Change can be stressful or exciting. It can be the fear of the unknown, or the excitement of a new adventure. Change happens in our training all the time too. We get injured, or we get sick, so our training has to adjust to meet our new needs. We go on holidays or away for work so our routines need to adjust. One of the most important things that Kung Fu has taught me, is that while change is imminent, my reaction is what determines the outcome. My approach, and my attitude make the difference. I have learned to roll with things more, and to adapt.

I have learned to take a deep breath and to seek out the positives in change. Yes, I still stress over things I cannot always control, but I am still learning. Just keep breathing, just keep breathing....

1 comment:

Kevin Lindstrom said...

Change is not always bad.