Sunday, October 23, 2016

Teaching

I was thinking this week about teaching and the intricacies of it. I have been teaching for a long time, but it was the same two kids classes. Over the summer, I changed my schedule and left the Advanced Black Dragons for the Tiny Tigers and the Beginner and Intermediate Black Dragons. It was a big change, and I am still feeling the effects.

Teaching the Advanced kids had some specific expectations that developed over time, and I had a pretty good feel for how to accomplish them. However now, I feel like a total newbie when it comes to teaching. I think I have found my rhythm with the Tiny Tigers, but am still struggling with the Black Dragons.

It is an enjoyable challenge though. I have had to go back to the basics, and learn how to teach them. And I have realized that there is a lot that I have taken for granted over the years. It is exciting because I am always learning. And that is truly awesome.

No comments: