Sunday, July 24, 2016

The weekend was good but....

I got to spend a lot of time with my family this weekend, and it was absolutely wonderful. But it took a turn for the worse after we were rear ended on our way home after roller blading in the river valley today.

I am so grateful for the car that I have. It kept us all safe, although my youngest probably has whiplash judging from the pain and stiffness she feels and tomorrow we will confirm it with the Doctor. But it was very emotional for us all. I believe the driver was distracted as we had been at a stop for a good 20 seconds or so, although I think he tried to avoid us at the last second.

What broke my heart the most though was how difficult it was for my girls to get back in a car afterwards. Coming home was really hard for them, and it took all I had to try to keep them distracted.

So what does this have to do with Kung Fu? It relates to my ability to stay calm in a situation that required me to calmly asses and handle a scary situation for my kids. It allowed me to stay calm while I dealt with the other driver, as well as the fire department and the police.

2 comments:

Alana Regier said...

Oh my goodness, those situations are always scary, especially for kids. Glad you ladies are ok.

Unknown said...

Glad you guys are safe! That must have been very scary!