Monday, February 15, 2016

Lions

It's the time of year where I get to do a little sewing on the new lion, and it makes me smile every time. Well, I get to sew the lions cloth anyway. The ties that the manufacturer uses never last very long as they fray, and the last thing we need is for the cloth to start to come off during the most important dance of the year.

I truly enjoy working on the lions. Almost as much as I used to dance with them. I have had many opportunities in the past to re-glue and repaint and touch up as they are really only meant to last a year and I love it. However we usually get more than that out of them.

One day, I would like to build one from the ground up. Or at least start with the frame and go from there...guess I'll have to buy a lion from the auction???

No comments: