Monday, September 21, 2015

How much do I say?

I had a lot of emotions going through me today, and I thought I had a blog, but now I am not so sure. I guess i still have one, but I don't think I can share all of those emotions anymore. (But here's a few).

I have a lot of work ahead of me, when it comes to being a better person. I am working on using more right speech, and to hold back on the labels that are so easy to put on a person. I want to be able to use compassion all of the time, and to be a better person today than I was yesterday. And I want to be more like my mom was.

She was someone who always gave of herself, and put others first. She always had a smile, and could make anyone feel cared for. If she gave you a hug, it was full of love, and could make everything better. She managed to touch people near and far, and had many friends that she had never met. She was also quick to forgive and forget.

My point I guess, is that life is too short, and I want to spend the rest of my life working at being a better person. I need to get better at smiling at my anger and accepting it, because then I can let it go. I need to get better at showing those I love how much I appreciate them, and how blessed I am to have them in my life. I want to share Kung Fu, as it is such a huge gift to have been given. I want my children to be loving, caring people who make a positive change. But it all starts with me, and how I choose to live each day.

 

No comments: