Monday, August 18, 2014

Every path is unique

Sometimes we forget which path we are on, and it can become a challenge to keep going. Sometimes our egos block the way, and sometimes it's a lack of belief in ourselves.

I cannot say how many times I have found myself looking towards my peers, and questioning what I am doing. Why am I not where they are? Why am I here in my training?

That's when I have to look inside, and see who I am without blinders on. We teach the concept of healthy competition and what this means is that I am only competing with myself. Am I better than I was yesterday? If not, then what can I do different so that my outcome is not the same as today? I definitely want to strive to be a better person today than yesterday.

It's not a good idea to compare myself to someone else, as their path is different than mine. There is only 1 me. There is only 1 you. And that is why we each have our own path that is unique to us. We have access to the same tools, but what I need today may not be what you need. This is important to remember, and is something that we too easily forget.

 

 

No comments: