Sunday, February 9, 2014

Warm and cozy

 

I started crocheting a blanket a few years ago, and I finished it today. I had forgotten how little I had left, and was a bit disappointed that I finished it so soon. I pulled it out for a sick day project, but instead I go to snuggle in it which isn't so bad.

 

I put it away in the spring of 2012, and then didn't touch it at all last year. My mom helped me to get it started and inspired me as to the second colour on it. But after she passed away, I couldn't bring myself to work on it. In a way, I was sad today, as it brought back a lot memories, but it just has that much more meaning to me, and I doubt I could ever give it away.

 

I find myself really missing her today, and I had thought that writing about the blanket would help. My moms innate kindness and warmth are qualities that I admire, and strive for. She touched every person she met, and I hope that I can one day be as truly wonderful as her.

 

 

2 comments:

Sifu Robyn Kichko said...

I'm sending my warm thoughts to you today :)

Tiffany Playter said...

*HUG*
Your Mom sounds like a really nice lady.