Sunday, July 21, 2013

A smile

All I can say, is that it brought a smile to my face. Another notch for the reasons why I teach, and why I love teaching the littlest guys. One was getting promoted to purple belt yesterday and knew it because his mom planned their holiday around it. So 3/4 of the way through class, while they were all sitting in a circle with Sifu Kichko, he says " Sifu, I think you forgot to give me my purple belt". And then she told him that class wasn't over yet, so who knows what can happen. I couldn't help but smile. And then the kicker - this always happens, and I am thinking maybe we need to do a congrats cheer instead. He got his new belt, and we clapped when he got back to his spot. But clapping is how we end class after we bow out, so about half of the kids started to run to their parents. It was funny and heart warming. Gosh I love those kids!

No comments: