Sunday, November 20, 2011

We can make a difference

Last week Monday, the kids and I brought the donations they had collected to the Mustard Seed in Edmonton.

It was all their idea to collect donations and therefore my job was to support them. Last Monday, we dropped off 7 bags of donations at the Mustard Seed's distribution centre, and then went over to their main building for a tour. It was very eye opening and made us very thankful for what we have.

We are working on a small video to document this project and I will post it when it is ready. I feel this project has had a big influence on the girls - they have seen poverty up close and have witnessed how they made a difference.

Their empathy for others has started to shine through - on their own, they also volunteered to shovel a driveway this winter. I am sure this one will be a bigger challenge with our long winter, but I know they will experience the payoff of helping someone in need.

It doesn't take much to make a difference.

No comments: