Sunday, July 17, 2011

Awakening the Dragon




It’s time for me to awaken my dragon. Recently my dragon (spirit) has been asleep at the wheel. I haven’t been focusing on what Kung Fu gives me, and what my utmost potential can be with Kung Fu behind me.

With my awakened dragon, I can overcome anything. I just have to keep things in perspective and talk them out when I need to. To focus on my inner spirit, I need to take care of me. It’s important that while I take care of those around me, I have to let my Kung Fu take care of me. And it will if I let it.

So how are my other animals doing?

Tiger = Strength. I am not too bad here, but with injuries, not as strong as I could be. However, my will is strong.
Leopard = Speed and Agility. I am doing pretty good here.
Crane = Stamina. I am working on this one...
Snake = Toughening of the bones and tendons. Here I feel mostly strong, except for my wrists. The trick is to train smart.
Dragon = Spirit.

Training smart. If your leopard or snake need improvement, slow things down. Work deliberately, and focus on slow technique. Things will fall into place while you heal. If your crane needs improvement, start slow and work towards a goal.

To awaken my dragon, I am going to do some more mindful meditation, and go over all of my successes.

No comments: