Sunday, June 26, 2011

Aww shucks




A couple of months ago, I was paid a compliment. A student told me that I was a calm person.

It is something that I continue to keep in front of me. While a lot of people may not see that as much of a compliment, it says something to me about my approach to Kung Fu. While I worry sometimes about the example I set, something as simple this lays it all out for me.

Boot camp yesterday was great too. I love being able to take part, as I learn something new every time I am there. Also, the enthusiasm of all the students is contagious, and re-ignites my passion. It is awesome to see the sense of accomplishment that everyone has at the end of the day. And the rain held off until our 2 km run was over.

I am still contemplating my Kung Fu, and what I bring to the school, however after yesterday and my compliment, things are pretty clear.

No comments: