Sunday, December 21, 2008

Peace to you...


I am looking forward to my training over the holidays. While on one hand I have been feeling overwhelmed with everything, I am learning a new form. It is one I started to learn a couple of years ago, but dropped it when I focused on training for my blackbelt. I didn’t feel it was fair to put energy into something new when I wanted to perfect all the rest of my curriculum.

I started learning the form on Saturday, and I really like it. The stances are a bit different from what I am used to and I have muscles that I forgot about. Or maybe it's because my stances haven't been deep enough before. Who knows, but I like it. It has a lot of flow to it, and it just feels good. Hopefully I can make it look as good as it feels.

On another note, I have been thinking about the past year, and the trials, tribulations and successes that I have endured. I couldn’t have gotten to where I am today without the support of my family, friends, and Kung Fu family. We are lucky to have the community that we do, and the way we have come together is humbling.

I know that we can and will make a change in our world. But it starts within.

Peace to you and yours, always.

No comments: