Thursday, April 15, 2021

Breath of fresh air

 



I just spent a chunk of time outside working on Kung Fu the other day. I started with the Lil Leopards class (outside!) and moved onto my training right after. The weather was great, the sun was out, and the air felt so fresh. And the kids and I enjoyed listening to Stevie (squirrel) yell at us. Lol.

I forgot how big of a difference being outside makes. I remember last spring when we were first shut down, and how much time I spent outside doing one on ones. Being outside, especially in our backyard, adds a sense of peace to my mind, and therefore my training. We have a lot of trees with our deck nestled in there, and it seems to add a bit of calm or serenity (zen?) What we get out of our training, correlates to our state of mind. This is why we bow in and out, and why we ask ourselves the question “Where am I, what am I doing?”

“I am outside, doing Kung Fu”. This makes me smile, and brings warmth into my soul.

No comments: