Tuesday, April 19, 2016

Sparring and Earth Day.

I had the opportunity to spar with the advanced black dragons yesterday and I really enjoyed it. It's such a different perspective and gave me a lot to think about. I have never enjoyed sparring, and am not sure I ever will as it gives me a lot of anxiety and stress. However, yesterday felt really good. And the kids are improving all of the time.

I have also been marvelling at the onset of spring. This year I seem to be noticing the gradual increase in green around me. The grass is turning, and the trees are budding. Terrible for all the allergy sufferers though. This brings me to earth day on Friday and our spring clean up at the school and the clean up at Rotary Park on Saturday. It's time to connect by picking up trash, and appreciating the gifts we receive from the earth. Air from the trees, which also provide homes for many. I am thankful for the land we have that provides food, and access to clean water. I hope that by taking time out this weekend, and then carrying it through all year long, we can nurture the earth so that our children and grandchildren can enjoy it.

Earth day is this Friday, April 22. Let's love the earth we have.

No comments: