Saturday, August 15, 2015

Back to square one

I had the pleasure Friday night of having my 3 year old nephew over for a sleepover. It's been a while since mine were that young, and I didn't realize how much my family has evolved over the years. He was into everything when I thought we had "child-proofed" my place. Definitely an eye opener for me. But don't get me wrong, I loved having him over, and will do it again.

This brought me back to my training. Sometimes I forget what being a white belt was like. Everything is new and exciting, and there is so much to learn. Now, I mostly find myself focussing with my eye for detail, on the minute things, and forget what it was like to start fresh. It's a completely different mentality now than as a white belt.

There are so many techniques that I take for granted. I don't have to think about them, I just do. I need to find a way to keep that white belt frame of mind in front of me more often. Learning Kung Fu is a gift, and an even bigger one is learning at Silent River. The best second family ever! And the cool thing is, that family is always evolving too. With promotions, and new faces, it's a place that I take comfort in, and I appreciate all those who enter.

 

No comments: