Sunday, July 13, 2014

Holy hips batman!


For several years, my right hip has not been engaged. So a lot of my stances haven't been where they should be. However, I have been working on it and thought I had the issue licked. Apparently not! I had my kwan dao mini form filmed, and yikes! That hip is absolutely awful! It's embarrassing really.

But, that same week, Sifu Dennis said the same thing with my Tai Chi. What is a girl to do! Practice, break it down, and practice some more! I have really concentrated on the "Ker chunk" of my right hip going into place for all my forms. Mostly Tai Chi, but that seems to have helped a lot. And on another note, I think I might know why my right hip isn't cooperating. I believe that it's due to the broken ankle 5 1/2 years ago, which I compensated for and which has now become a bad habit.

So, now to fix it!!! Mindfulness, and lots of practice.

 

 

No comments: