Sunday, April 27, 2008

Poem by Sri Chinmoy


I have been thinking about forgiveness and trust this week, and found this poem. It touched me, so I thought I would share it. In my experiences, forgiveness and trust go hand in hand. We have to forgive ourselves in order to forgive others, and we need to trust ourselves so that we may trust others. I am not sure if this makes sense, but whatever. We learn trust in Kung Fu, in ourselves and our classmates. And I have found that the seed of forgiveness is planted, whether we are aware of it or not. In my opinion, it takes courage, strength and trust to forgive. We learn these things at Kung Fu, and they can carry us far. If you cannot forgive, you cannot trust. Here's the poem...


If I cannot forgive myself
For all the blunders
That I have made
Over the years,
Then how can I proceed?
How can I ever
Dream perfection-dreams?
Move, I must, forward.
Fly, I must, upward.
Dive, I must, inward,
To be once more
What I truly am
And shall forever remain.

- Sri Chinmoy

No comments: